The CSEA Chapter and Executive Board meeting dates are ready for review at the CSEA Chapter meeting on January 9th. Below are the proposed dates for this year. Once approved...
2017-2020 Successor Agreement gains:
- New Employee Orientation MOU
- Salary increases of at least 7.77% (3.06%, 3.71%, and 1% + COLA depending on the COLA for 2019-20). The salary gains for the 2014-2017 Successor Agreement amounted to 3.87%. These percentage increases will also be added onto the Anniversary Increments in Article 6.5.7.
- Chapter 477 succeeded in making flexible the 20 days of release time for Association business. These days were formerly restricted to grievance processing. This will alleviate Executive Board and rank and file members from using their vacation time to attend meetings or carry out events.
- Increase in work month assignments for seven (7) members with A-days
- Four (4) Child Development Teachers
- One (1) Senior Instructional Assistant Business Lab Assistant
- One (1) DSPS Support Services Aide
- One (1) Special Education Aide—Physically Disabled
- Article 8: Health and Welfare Benefits remains status quo.
- Reduction of the age requirement to 55 years of age, to be eligible for lifetime medical benefits for fiscal year 2018-2019.
- Increase in the annual amount from $1,000 to $1,100 for professional growth and staff development.
- The Personal Necessity (PN) form no longer requires that the employee state the reason to use this leave.
- Extended sick leave benefit, 100 days at 50% pay, described in Article 12.4.7, is now available to be used for parental leave for a period of 12 weeks per year. Parental leave includes leave for the reason of the birth of a child of the employee, or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with the adoption or foster care of the child by the employee. This leave does not require 1,250 hours of work during the previous 12-month period (as does the FMLA, for example).
The work must continue:
- Classification and compensation study
- Data-related standards for hiring and/or reducing A-day assignments
- Increasing bilingual slots
- Reducing number of vacation and CTO days used during the winter break
For the 2020-2023 Successor Agreement negotiations, our proposals must be sunshined by January 2020 so that we may begin by March 2020.
Much appreciation to the CSEA Bargaining Team: Heng Lim, LRR, Lisa Sandoval, Gabriela Olmos, Janice Garcia, and Suzanne Frederickson. Many thanks as well to James Sass and Anthony Delgado for their assistance with data compilation and interpretation. Finally, thank you to all of you for your patience and attention during this lengthy process.